Our bioethics briefing notes provide a concise summary of the key ethical and social issues raised by developments in biological and medical research.
These are a relatively new format of publication for us, with our first briefing note published in 2018. Our bioethics briefing notes are much shorter than our reports and primarily aimed at policy-makers or those with an interest in the topic that would like a quick, but concise overview.
We have published bioethics briefing notes on the following topics:
- The search for a treatment for ageing
- Whole genome sequencing of babies
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare and research
- Patient access to experimental treatments
- Disagreements in the care of critically ill children
- Medical implants
Our next briefing note will look at meat alternatives.
Explore our briefing notes
FIND OUT MORE