There has been increasing demand for invasive cosmetic procedures in the UK, prompting questions about potential risks to users and the lack of regulation and professional standards in this area.
This report explores ethical issues in cosmetic procedures with a particular focus on the role and responsibilities of health and scientific professionals and others in responding to demand for invasive non-reconstructive procedures that aim to enhance or normalise appearance.
- 19 July 2017Regulation and cosmetic procedures: counselling caution
- 3 May 2016Routine vs exceptional cosmetic procedures: a helpful distinction?
- 1 April 2015The demands of beauty
- 10 February 2014Are we making good choices about cosmetic procedures?
- 13 May 2013Forward look: thoughts from a new Council member