In order to inform its deliberations, the Working Party carried out a wide range of evidence gathering activities.
The Working Party sought views and evidence in two formats. The first was an 18-question document aimed at professional organisations, stakeholders, and researchers; the second was a broader 15- question survey hosted by the Survey Monkey website which sought the views of members of the public with a general interest in cosmetic procedures.
- Expert call for evidence – analysis
- Individual responses to the call for evidence
- Public survey – summary of responses
Between February 2016 and June 2017, the Working Party held a series of factfinding meetings, which addressed distinct questions and issues that arose throughout the project. More details about each meeting is available at Annex A of the full report.
Three literature reviews were carried out:
- Literature review: Cosmetic procedures: demand, motivations and influencing factors
- Literature review: Post-procedure experiences
- Review of the evidence of harms caused by the use of non-therapeutic cosmetic procedures