Research on the silencing of the extra copy of chromosome 21 has led to speculations that a chromosomal therapy for Down’s syndrome could be developed in the future.
Read the full briefing here.
- Animals and research
- Artificial wombs (Ectogenesis)
- Biotechnology and globalisation
- Building genomes from scratch
- Citizen science
- In-vitro derived gametes and embryos
- Innovative therapies
- Nagoya protocol
- Predicting phenotype from genotype
- Social egg freezing
- Sports science
- The human/technology frontier in health and social care
- The human/technology frontier in the wider context
- Whole genome sequencing of newborns