The Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization to the Convention on Biological Diversity (Nagoya Protocol) provides a legal framework that governs access to non-human genetic resources and traditional knowledge.
Read the full briefing here.
- Animals and research
- Artificial wombs (Ectogenesis)
- Biotechnology and globalisation
- Building genomes from scratch
- Citizen science
- In-vitro derived gametes and embryos
- Innovative therapies
- Predicting phenotype from genotype
- Social egg freezing
- Sports science
- Suppressing the extra chromosome in Down’s syndrome
- The human/technology frontier in health and social care
- The human/technology frontier in the wider context
- Whole genome sequencing of newborns