Citizen science is the term given to research that involves amateurs or non-professionals. These projects vary from contributory and collaborative ventures that typically involve the public collecting and processing data for researchers, to projects entirely devised by individuals or communities.
Read the full briefing here.
- Animals and research
- Artificial wombs (Ectogenesis)
- Biotechnology and globalisation
- Building genomes from scratch
- In-vitro derived gametes and embryos
- Innovative therapies
- Nagoya protocol
- Predicting phenotype from genotype
- Social egg freezing
- Sports science
- Suppressing the extra chromosome in Down’s syndrome
- The human/technology frontier in health and social care
- The human/technology frontier in the wider context
- Whole genome sequencing of newborns