Small viral and bacterial genomes synthesised from scratch have demonstrated the feasibility of creating synthetic genomes and it may soon be possible to synthesise an entire human genome de novo.
Read the full briefing here.
- Animals and research
- Artificial wombs (Ectogenesis)
- Biotechnology and globalisation
- Citizen science
- In-vitro derived gametes and embryos
- Innovative therapies
- Nagoya protocol
- Predicting phenotype from genotype
- Social egg freezing
- Sports science
- Suppressing the extra chromosome in Down’s syndrome
- The human/technology frontier in health and social care
- The human/technology frontier in the wider context
- Whole genome sequencing of newborns