Partial ectogenesis (PE) would involve the use of an artificial womb (or aspects of a womb, such as an artificial endometrium and placenta) for part of the reproductive process, and could also be used to further human embryo research.
Read the full briefing here.
- Animals and research
- Biotechnology and globalisation
- Building genomes from scratch
- Citizen science
- In-vitro derived gametes and embryos
- Innovative therapies
- Nagoya protocol
- Predicting phenotype from genotype
- Social egg freezing
- Sports science
- Suppressing the extra chromosome in Down’s syndrome
- The human/technology frontier in health and social care
- The human/technology frontier in the wider context
- Whole genome sequencing of newborns